James 1:27

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Trusting Him

We started a piece of paper with "God is..." on it & then each of us volunteers would write one word each day that represented who God is to us. We thought it turned out so cool that we had paintings made out of them. So, we had the backgrounds painted by a local painter in town and then I painted all the words we had written on the paper, onto each one of our paintings.
 

As I lay here awake listening to babies scream, and dogs howl at each other I start really thinking about what God has taught me while being here, and this may sound so cliché and scripted but the biggest lesson learned has been trusting in Him with anything and everything I do. I am reading this book called Extraordinary by John Bevere and one chapter talks about how instead of fearing man we should be in fear of God. Meaning we should fear life without God. How amazing is that, God just is that awesome that no matter what, he is Abba Father, Healer, Protector and the list can go on and on! But being in a different country, at times can be scary, and uncomfortable. Being away from your normal everyday life can put you out of your comfort zone. God has given me so much peace and comfort being here. When I first arrived, I was praying constantly that God would keep my family back home safe and healthy while I was gone. It was so hard for me to trust God with that, like I thought He couldn’t handle it, ha! Finally, He got it through my thick head, I am not in control and never had any control over that in the first place. He is in control! Man, what was I thinking!?

I have gotten sick while being here, I feel like I am never this sick at home. Satan is attacking me in that way for sure. Being sick is bringing me down and I have found myself really discouraged. Before coming over, I felt God was being very clear that he was calling me back to Uganda. When we got here I was thinking, maybe I was hearing God wrong, surely I shouldn't be here. But after two months being here, and seeing how God has used me in so many different ways, the biggest way, showing His love to my 12 boys I have been placed with at Amani. Being sick or not, God wanted me here. I couldn't be more thrilled that this is where I ended up!

So, please pray for us, we are down to only three weeks left, it is so bittersweet! Imagining life at home right now breaks our hearts. We have both gotten really attached to our families here, but at the same time we are starting to miss everything back home.

This is what we do on a typical afternoon, spending time, loving on & playing with all the kids!

We need prayer for:

-Mostly, for God to prepare our hearts for what kind of emotions we are going to experience after we leave this place and return home, after all the excitement of seeing everyone and eating all the food we have missed is over!

-Staying as healthy as can be! Mel really hasn’t gotten sick, Pray she doesn’t!!:)

-Safe travels home in only three weeks!


Blessings,

Megan

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to EVERYTHING you have written about. I am studying abroad in Spain and have been here for about two months and often wonder if this is where I need to be right now. Trusting God can be so challenging at times, especially when you are out of your comfort zone. There are times when I feel like a fish out of the water and wonder why everything is the way it is. Lately I've been trusting God more and everything is starting to make more since. "I am restless til I rest in you, Oh God" is a quote I heard the other day and it has stuck in my mind ever since. I am starting to understand this culture a lot more now, and have a lot of respect for it. I'm scared that the most culture shock I'll get will be when I go home.

    I hope yall have an amazing 3 weeks and I will keep yall in my prayers.

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg, no need to worry, every thing here is A.O.K! Just love on every baby till the last day, and fit as many as you can in your suitcase! Just Kidding! But we miss you lots and can't wait to see you!
    ~Lissalou!

    ReplyDelete